Volunteering is a great way to become involved in your community, meet new people and give something back to the community.
Link Health and Community volunteers play an integral role in the delivery of health services and their work is much appreciated and valued by clinicians, staff, and consumers.
Our volunteer network has a proud history that dates to 1970 and it continues to offer a variety of volunteer positions that are either ongoing, short term and/or on an occasional basis.
- Freely participate without financial reward
- Are placed in roles whenever possible that match their skill set and or life experiences
- Are over 18 year of age
- Must attend an interview and complete relevant application forms
- Must undergo a police check and Working With Children check (where applicable)
- Are allocated a clinician or staff member to supervise and support them in their role
As a Link Health and Community volunteer, you will be required to carry out work that you have agreed to do, both responsibly and ethically. Link Health and Community for its part will make every effort to consider your availability, commitments and interests.
Link Health and Community offers all volunteers the opportunity to attend training, and will provide guidance and support in your role.
Volunteers support and assist in a variety of areas:
- Community Visitors Scheme – community volunteers visit selected residents in Government-funded aged care facilities on a regular, one-to-one basis
- Administration – clerical duties such as word processing, updating resources, data entry, photocopying newsletters and mail-outs
- Drivers – an integral part of Link Health and Community services providing client transport for appointments and programs
- Health Program Assistants – assist clinicians and allied health staff to conduct hydrotherapy, strength and balance, Link Health and Community walkers and strength training groups
- Social and Well-being Program Assistants – such as the Planned Activity Group (PAG), self-help groups, the Consumer Register and the LinkPets program
- The Consumer Register – a register of interested consumers who provide consultation and active participation in the development of Link Health and Community services and programs